ISIT 342 VoIP and Wireless • 5 Cr.
This course introduces and applies the concepts of design, implementation and troubleshooting of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and wireless systems. Technologies include VoIP Managers, Voicemail, System Reporting, Wireless Controllers, Access Points, Relay Systems, Wireless Topologies, Wireless Security and the associated protocols for both VoIP and wireless technologies. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of a Cisco Unified Communication solution
- Provision end user identities and associated devices
- Configure voice messaging
- Maintain a Cisco Unified Communications system
- Provide end user support and troubleshooting
- Describe the fundamentals of Wireless communications
- Install and configure a basic wireless network infrastructure
- Describe and apply the best practices of wireless security
- Implement a Wireless Control System
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)