ISIT 432 Data Repositories for Analytics • 5 Cr.
Students learn to create and query analytic databases including multi-dimensional databases (cubes) and ?big data? repositories. Students create business-oriented solutions for analytics. Prerequisite: ISIT 330.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the different types of data repositories and their capabilities
- Select the appropriate data repository for a given organizational scenario
- Design and create multi-dimensional databases for data analysis
- Evaluate and apply software tools for querying multi-dimensional databases
- Design and create repositories for immense sets of data
- Create queries to retrieve information from “big data” repositories
- Analyze unstructured data for information retrieval