ISIT 442 MANAGING MESSAGING SERV • 5 Cr.
This course is an introduction to messaging and collaboration services for system administrators. Students will become familiar with popular messaging platforms and protocols such as POP3, IMAP, SMTP, and web services. Additional topics will include server virtualization, cloud services, system configuration, directory service configuration and deploying email clients. Prerequisite: Admission to the Cyber Security and Systems Administration concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Compare and contrast messaging service platforms
- Plan for, install, configure and manage popular messaging platforms and protocols
- Assess and select proper security measures to ensure high availability of message services
- Upgrade and optimize messaging services
- Troubleshoot messaging servers and services