MKTG 110 CLIENT CUSTOMER RELATION • 5 Cr.
Covers the key elements to providing quality customer service, ensuring repeat business for the company and opportunities for employees to advance their careers. The class explores how to troubleshoot customer concerns, implement company policies, communicate effectively in a service role, and identify opportunities to go above and beyond to create a win-win situation for both parties.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the principles of client relations and explain how they apply in building client and customer partnerships.
- Define the functions of client/customer service personnel and analyze how these functions contribute to the development of long-term relationships with clients, customers and suppliers
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills including the ability to verbally negotiate with customers and deliver professional presentations.
- Identify different personality types and demonstrate approaches appropriate for different styles
- List key strategies for coping with difficult people and demonstrate techniques for handling conflict.
- Project a professional image over the telephone, in person, and in writing.
- Identify key legal and ethical issues in client and customer relations and demonstrate the capacity to make legal and ethical decisions.
- Demonstrate techniques for relating effectively with culturally diverse clients and customers.
- Explain how to handle, troubleshoot, follow-up on and avoid customer complaints.
- Identify the principles of time management and strategies for managing their time more effectively
- Develop and/or create ways to instruct and train clients and customers in the use of the firm’s products and/or services.
- Demonstrate the skills and qualities needed for working in a team environment.