MKTG 234 Advertising • 5 Cr.
Examines advertising's role in society and its relationship to communications and marketing activities. Topics include media terminology, planning and selection, copy writing, and art direction.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Build a vocabulary of advertising terms and trends in contemporary advertising.
- Explain how marketing and advertising strategies are developed.
- Show a knowledge of the creative dimensions of advertising for print and broadcast media (copywriting, art direction and production).
- Show a knowledge of media planning strategies (placing and pricing) for advertising campaigns.
- Design an Advertising Campaign for specific target markets using a variety of advertising media.
- Apply critical thinking, business communications, and teamwork skills.