NDT 103 Intermediate EEG • 3 Cr.
Expand knowledge in the field of EEG and its use in medicine and surgery. Emphasizes recognizing normal and abnormal EEGs, including epilepsy, diffuse encephalopathy, and focal brain lesions. Technical principles in actual operation of a laboratory are introduced in the classroom and applied in the clinical area of EEG. Prerequisite: NDT 101. Previously ENDT 103. Either ENDT 103 or NDT 103 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recognize seizure manifestations, classifications, and EEG correlates
- Evaluate medication effects on the EEG background and waveforms
- Correlate the signs and symptoms to adult and children neurological disorders
- Assess the functions of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology
- Winter 2018 (current quarter)