NDT 121 Advanced EEG Skills • 2 Cr.
Broadens knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: assessing and analyzing brain death, neonates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects and the EEG, and bedside recording. Prerequisite: NDT 120. Previously ENDT 121. Either ENDT 121 or NDT 121 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Complete a mock electrocerebral inactivity recording according to ACNS guidelines
- Perform techniques for eliminating physiological artifact in EEG recording
- Recognize and correlate EEG patterns with brain diseases and disorders
- Recognize and define normal EEG variants
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)