NDT 352 Polysomnography Studies • 5 Cr.
This course covers polysomnography from initial patient contact through the study and follow-up. Students will be exposed to proper polysomnography instrumentation and recording techniques, technical specifications, and scoring methods. Students will learn to perform all of the discrete tests administered during an overnight sleep study. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- evaluate the integrity of the PSG recording equipment
- design an appropriate method of electrode and sensor application
- examine standard protocol for the end of the procedure
- score the polysomnogram in accordance with The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated
- Events: Rules, Terminology, and Technical Specifications
- explain a positive airway pressure/oxygen titration
- explain the MSLT/MWT
- compare and contrast principles and concepts for sleep studies