NDT 353 Evoked Potential Studies • 5 Cr.
Students will learn to test the integrity of the central nervous system through administering a series of sensory stimulus exams. Students will be exposed to methods for assessing the visual, auditory, and somatosensory pathways. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Provide a safe recording environment
- Establish rapport with the patient and patient’s family
- Demonstrate the correct method of electrode application
- Evaluate the integrity of the Evoked Potential
- Establish and eliminate or reduce artifacts contaminating the waveforms
- Explain neurological concepts of performing EP
- Compare and contrast principles and concepts of Evoked Potential instrumentation