NDT 451 Long Term Epilepsy Monitoring • 5 Cr.
Students will learn to conduct a long-term epilepsy monitoring study, beginning with appropriate electrode placement for specific patient needs. Instrumentation for long-term monitoring, preparation of data sheets for seizure tracking, and assessment of results will be covered. Patient safety will be emphasized. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- perform technically accurate and complete LTM
- generate clinically relevant questions for a range of patients
- assess LTM recording options
- establish details of LTM instrumentation
- compare various types of electrodes
- verify process to check the integrity of LTM equipment
- prepare data sheets