NSCOM 220 Implementing Client Operating Systems • 5 Cr.
Course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure a Microsoft Windows Client Operating System on stand-alone computers and on client computers that are part of a workgroup or a domain. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Recommended: IT 101 or BTS 161.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Plan, prepare and implement a client operating system.
- Configure shared resources, file access, folder access, authentication and authorization.
- Create and administer various types of accounts and groups
- Identify network protocols and services. Configure Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Configure a client operating system with an automated script.
- Manage and troubleshoot the storage, use and synchronization of files.
- Configure the system and file recovery.