NSCOM 221 Implementing Server Operating Systems • 5 Cr.
Course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure a Microsoft Windows server operating system for file and print sharing, remote access services, and application server functions such as Terminal Services. This course also examines security features of the Microsoft Windows server operating system. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Recommended: IT 103, NSCOM 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Install and optimize the Windows operating system.
- Configure file storage.
- Deploy printing solutions.
- Create, configure and utilize virtualization.
- Deploy and configure network services.
- Configure Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), IPv6, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Install and administer Active Directory.
- Create and manage group policies.