NSCOM 223 Managing a Network Environment • 5 Cr.
Course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement, manage and troubleshoot existing network and server environments based on the Microsoft Windows platform. Prerequisite: NSCOM 221 at BC with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Delegate administrative control of an organizational unit.
- Publish and maintain printers and shared folders.
- Implement and manage web-based services in an intranet.
- Implement and manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service.
- Implement name resolution for client computers by using Domain Name System (DNS) and Windows Internet Name Service (WINS).
- Install and configure the DNS service.
- Implement the Remote Access Service (RAS).
- Manage remote access by using remote access policies.
- Identify Active Directory directory service replication latency issues and resolve conflicts resulting from replication.
- Implement Group Policy to centrally manage users and computers.
- Manage users' desktops and software by using Group Policy.
- Implement security settings and account policies by using Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot client computer startup and user logon problems.