NURS 402 Nursing Leadership Fieldwork • 3 Cr.
This course is designed to provide a mentored nursing leadership practicum that offers the opportunity to integrate knowledge of nursing, leadership and management in a selected healthcare related organization. Learning needs are identified and personal objectives are negotiated with a mentor, emphasizing preparation for advanced leadership and management responsibilities. Practicum seminars focus on current nursing leadership/management issues in a variety of health care environments. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the BSN program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explicate personal leadership/ management style.
- Evaluate internal and external resources to facilitate change.
- Apply principles of nursing leadership and management including inter-professional communication, collaboration, priority setting and delegation in order to facilitate effective outcomes.
- Develop and present a leadership/ management project to appropriate professional audience.
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)