OLS 110 Learning Strategies • 2 Cr.
Presents different learning modalities and personal styles to articulate learning needs to others. Covers basic skills such as time management and organization. Students use templates and processes for effective reading and writing practices. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the characteristics of different learning styles
- Compile a description of student’s personal learning preferences
- Compile a list of academic accommodations specific to learning style profile
- Discuss and disclose educational accommodations to others with clarity
- Identify organizational tools and motivation techniques to complete assignments
- Demonstrate strategies to regulate and manage time to meet scheduling requirements
- Identify and discuss self determination, self management and team work strategies
- Discuss plagiarism and impact on learning success
- Use Bellevue College website and student e-mail account
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)