OLS 111 Learning Strategies in the College Environment • 2 Cr.
Covers specific methods of note taking, actively reading, researching information, writing research papers, presenting and producing effective writing and incorporating personal learning styles for success. Academic disclosure is discussed. Prerequisite: OLS 110 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Summarize, paraphrase, or quote information accurately and appropriately to avoid plagiarism
- Define purpose, main idea and supporting details in a range of print, electronic and lecture style formats.
- Demonstrate how to structure a written assignment
- Apply the writing process to develop a written draft of researched information
- Demonstrate effective online communication with peers and instructor
- Effectively evaluate website content for educational purposes
- Demonstrate reading retention strategies, before during and after reading.
- Apply note taking techniques to enhance learning
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)