OLS 114 Critical Thinking through Media • 2 Cr.
Explores how media advertising works and why it is so successful with consumers. Analyzes the way buyers are influenced. Takes advertising and correlates it into purchase choices and personal attitudes. Prerequisite: OLS 110, 111, 112, 113 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe different forms of media and mediums.
- Describe how media reflects and shapes adult life.
- Access information from various media sources to make an informed decision.
- Demonstrate how media targets specific audiences.
- Analyze information from various media sources and discuss purpose of message.
- Summarize how media messages can influence a demographic group.
- Discuss how media can affect decision making and point of view.
- Compare media mediums and evaluate its effectiveness in delivery of information.
- Present media messages in context to persuade
- Spring 2016 (current quarter)