OLS 130 Critical Thinking through Science • 2 Cr.
Introduction to the scientific inquiry methods used to develop critical thinking skills as they apply to personal and workplace situations. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Present steps of the scientific method and apply it to real world problems
- Explain the differences between a scientific worldview and traditional worldviews
- Sort and classify objects and create a chart of the data
- Describe the characteristics of organisms and how those relate to the organism’s life cycle and habitat
- Create a multi-media report that connects adaptation, natural selection and evolution
- Research the significance of biodiversity in terms of evolution and the survival of a species
- Compare and describe the relevance of nature vs. nurture in human life
- Present an outline on a topic of interest related to the course using the scientific method
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)