OLS 141 Computer Fundamentals • 2 Cr.
Builds on material in OLS 140 with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Includes resumes and cover letters and professional versus personal computer use. Prerequisite: OLS 140 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Demonstrate the use of Microsoft Office help options
- • Create, edit, format, and print a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- • Apply simple formulas in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet application
- • Create, format, insert and edit text and images in Microsoft Word documents
- • Create a business-ready cover letter and resume using Microsoft Word
- • Create a publication document using a template from Microsoft Office
- • Demonstrate use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain a personal calendar, create contact lists and manage email communication
- * Create business professional e-mails and apply e-mail etiquette
- • Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create and edit an electronic presentation
- • Insert graphics and text in Microsoft PowerPoint to enhance a presentation
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)