OLS 142 Computer Applications in the Workplace • 3 Cr.
Expands on Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook material covered in OLS 141. Introduces Photoshop and basic publishing applications. Prerequisite: OLS 140 and 141 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- * Demonstrate use of Microsoft Outlook to manage a calendar, schedule meetings, create tasks, and create and use distribution lists
- * Create a Microsoft Excel worksheet that incorporates simple formulas, tables, charts, and sorting
- * Demonstrate use of Microsoft Word features and commands in document production
- * Create and manipulate tables and charts in a Microsoft Word document
- * Create, edit, save, and show Microsoft PowerPoint files using text, graphics, and design tools to create a professional presentation
- * Search for and access information in electronic Help files
- * Create, edit, and store documents using Internet-based computing applications and workspaces
- * Demonstrate effective use of browser functions to navigate and search the Internet
- * Access Internet forums, discussion groups, and networking groups
- * Capture, edit, save and insert screenshots into documents
- * Describe and document system problems for the purposes of requesting technical assistance
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)