OLS 143 Career Portfolio • 2 Cr.
Students begin developing a career portfolio based on courses taken, adding to the document throughout the program identifying personal values and strengths. The information is used to begin a career pathway setting an initial career goal. Prerequisite: OLS 105, 106, 110 and 111 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe why you should use strengths not weaknesses when beginning to plan your career pathway
- Describe how personal values affect work choices and the workplace
- Describe your personal values and compare to different workplaces
- List your personal transferable work skills
- Identify and describe personal work strengths using proofs to justify strengths
- Compare personal transferable work skills to different job tasks related to 2-3 broad job interests
- Develop a personal short term vocational goal related to course content
- Present personal work strengths, values, skills and how they relate to your personal short term vocational goal
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)