OLS 143 Career Portfolio • 1 Cr.
Students begin developing a career portfolio based on courses taken, adding to the document throughout the program identifying personal values and strengths. The information is used to begin a career pathway setting an initial career goal. Prerequisite: OLS 105, 106, 110 and 111 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe how a portfolio is used in work settings and how to customize content
- Define your personal transferable work skills as defined by a career planning program
- Describe personal values related to work and work setting
- Identify personal strengths that relate to different job requirements
- Correlate personal values to different job clusters with use of a career planning program
- Identify 2-3 broad work clusters that relate to personal values and work skills
- Identify and describe personal work strengths using proofs to justify strengths
- Develop a personal short term career goal related to course content