OLS 144 Office Procedures and Customer Service • 2 Cr.
Covers basic office skills includes filing, faxing, copying, answering telephones, and handling money and customer service skills focusing on the interaction with others and handling conflict. Prerequisite: OLS 106, 111, 141, 174 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective use of general photocopier and fax machine
- Perform simple accurate basic money exchanges
- Display appropriate telephone ettiquette
- Compose different types of business e-mail with professional business ettiquette
- Alphabetize files and records accurately
- File and sort numerical information
- Demonstrate adequate customer service skills when approaching a possible customer
- Demonstrate the abilitiy to professionally answer questions of a customer
- Demonstrate the abiltiy to handle conflict with a customer with professionalism
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)