OLS 152 Tai Chi for Mind & Body • 1 Cr.
Develop body awareness with basic knowledge and applications of Tai Chi including hand and foot techniques, slow coordinated movements 1-8, meditation level 1-3, breathing techniques, and five elements 1-3. Emphasis on kinesthetic awareness, flexibility and stress reduction. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform behaviors that increase self-security and self-confidence
- Explain tai chi principles and philosophy
- Perform tai chi exercises that manifest enhanced concentration, focus, coordination, and relaxation
- Perform tai chi techniques for relaxation, centeredness, wellness and health, and meditation
- Discuss tai chi with the understanding of basic concepts, movements, and theory
- Spring 2016 (current quarter)