OLS 155 Yoga for Life Balance • 1 Cr.
Covers basic Yoga postures, breathing techniques, anatomy and physiology to enhance balance, self control, self confidence, and physical competence. Emphasis is placed on integrating these elements within the individual and into his or her life. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate Sun Salutation A components
- Perform Sun Salutation A with a continuous motion
- Discuss diaphragmatic breathing
- Perform sitting and standing postures
- Discuss meditation through breath and relaxation through breath
- Perform Sun Salutation B
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)