OLS 161 Visual Thinking II • 2 Cr.
Continues and builds upon concepts covered in OLS 160. Focus is on art history including styles, artists, cultures, concepts and techniques. Incorporates two or three-dimensional art activities demonstrating the art history covered. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: OLS 160 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Draw, paint or sculpt to express an idea, document an event or feeling, or make a statement.
- Select and appropriately use tools and supplies.
- Create a piece of art using the principles of composition.
- Demonstrate an understanding of art concepts and vocabulary by talking and writing about art.
- Identify the use of art elements from various cultures and time periods.
- Identify the influences of art present in everyday life (i.e. advertising, commercials, fashion, industrial design, etc.).
- Interpret art using both the artist and the viewers' experiences and background.
- Discuss the elements of artistic standards and how they may impact the creation of art.