OLS 174 Career Exploration • 3 Cr.
Continues OLS 143. Develops a career pathway from information gathered through research, career assessments, job clusters from testing results, and job site observations. Specific career goals are set with measureable outcomes. Prerequisite: OLS 106, 111, 143 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss previously assessed personal interests, skills and strengths as they relate to job selection
- Demonstrate competence in using a career development assessment computer program
- Identify Career Clusters aligned to own interests, skills, strengths and values
- Complete career-specific informational interviews and observations and compile the information gathered
- Describe 2-3 jobs or careers that best match student's interests, skills, and strengths
- Assess and compare own skills, strengths and values to the requirements of the identified 2-3 jobs or careers
- Define a personal career pathway and create a long term and short term career goal that correlates with your developed career pathway
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)