OLS 175 Field Experience I • 4 Cr.
Combines practical work experience with course objectives. Focuses on strengthening time and task management skills, clear and professional communication and utilizing job search resources. Students are required to participate in no less than nine hours per week at their internship site. Prerequisite: OLS 171, 172, 174 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the steps in the hiring process.
- Create a cover letter specific to career pathway.
- Complete a job search for at least 2 possibilities for employment.
- Complete a job application.
- Participate in at least one interview process.
- Discuss effective strategies for business communication and implement at internship site.
- Perform a 99 hour internship in chosen career pathway.
- Compile a journal of experiences at the internship site.
- Design and follow through with student learning objectives for the internship site with site coordinator.
- Complete a project for the internship business that will directly benefit the business.