PE 120 Karate • 1 Cr.
Introduces Okinawan Goju-Ryu, emphasizing the philosophy as well as the skills and etiquette of karate. Students focus on developing self-reliance and self-confidence.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Have a basic foundation of Goju Ryu Karate
- Understand the training methods used to develop blocking, striking, kicking ,leverage, close range applications, and conditioning
- Have better focus, balance, body control
- Have an understanding and some skill in self defense situations and applications
- Winter 2018 (current quarter)