PE 235 TRIP PLAN & RISK MGMNT • 1 Cr.
Explores the leadership dynamics of risk management including recognizing hazards, decision making, site assessment checklists, accessibility and backcountry first aid requirements.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify real and perceived risks associated with select adventure activities
- Distinguish between levels of risk within specific areas
- Develop a risk management plan proposal
- Develop risk checklists for specific adventure sites
- Identify potential risks associated with human error
- Develop contingency plans when risk exceeds benefits
- Manage groups traveling in the outdoors safely
- Develop strong critical thinking skills and judgment in wilderness situations