POLS 122 The United Nations • 3 Cr.
Analyzes the present structure and purpose of the United Nations organization. Seminar format. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.
Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define the role and nature of culture in general, and political culture in particular in the problems of development.
- Recall major factors which effect development (ie religion, education, the environment, pollution, and health).
- Discuss the role of international organizations in addressing the difficulties of the developing world (ie World Health Organization and AIDS).
- Explain the political culture of the European nion and its political institutions.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge (ie. Geography, Economy, Foreign Policy) of the country assigned for the National Model United Nations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of writing resolutions and position papers.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)