POLS 125 Introduction to Political Psychology • 5 Cr.
Analyzes the political world by applying basic concepts of psychology. Topics include individual actors, decision-making, group dynamics, and mass political behavior.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the major agents of political socialization
- Apply psychological concepts, theories, and findings to the political world
- Articulate the major factors that influence how individuals process political information and make political decisions
- Critically analyze psychological explanations for political phenomena, such as group conflict, terrorism, obedience, voting and decision making
- Explain how a person's social identity influences their political attitudes and behavior