PROG 109 Introduction to Web Development • 5 Cr.
Introduces fundamental programming techniques using current web development software. Students design procedures and write computer instructions to solve business problems, learn procedural programming, develop graphical user interfaces for the web and work with events and objects. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop Web Pages using html elements to code a template for a web page.
- Use variables with appropriate data-types and scope.
- Use appropriate arithmetic, logical and comparison operators to develop complex expressions.
- Apply inline, embedded, and external cascading style sheets (CSS) utilizing relative and absolute positioning.
- Optimize images for web page display
- Code event-driven procedures (event-handlers).