PROG 117 Web Development II • 5 Cr.
Students learn Web based programming techniques using current web development software. Students access data in databases and develop appropriate user interfaces to display the data. Students apply object oriented programming concepts to application development. Prerequisite: PROG 109 at BC with a C- or better, and PROG 110 at BC with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create a basic Web application that displays data from a database
- Use a variety of data validation techniques to validate user input
- Display data from a database using appropriate controls
- Understand the methods, properties and events of the related .NET framework classes
- Create effective Web interfaces of various types
- Use basic data access techniques
- Use data structures to solve business problems
- Use functions and procedures to solve business problems