PROG 140 SQL & RELATION DB PROG • 5 Cr.
Students learn to apply relational database theory by creating databases, tables, views and indexes in a server environment. Focus is on developing complex SQL queries to retrieve meaningful information and on developing procedures to manipulate data. SQL server and related client tools are used in all work. Prerequisite: DBA 130 with a C or better, and either PROG 110 or PROG 111 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use client tools to work with a database server
- Create databases using Structured Query Language (SQL) commands
- Write basic and complex SQL queries to retrieve data from a database
- Respond to business requirements for data and information
- Write basic and complex SQL to modify data in a database
- Write SQL code for the database including stored procedures
- Use Microsoft SQL Server Tools to work with the SQL Server relational database