PROG 209 Client-Side Web Programming I • 5 Cr.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the basic steps in web development from planning to production
- Validate html and CSS
- Create functions and procedures
- Use variables with appropriate data-types and scope
- Apply accepted programming standards
- Use appropriate arithmetic, logical, and comparison operators to develop complex expressions.
- Debug code across multiple browsers, devices, and platforms.
- Modify existing web pages by either enhancing or degrading
- Integrate the CSS Box Model with programming practices
- Configure web pages with HTML5 structural elements.
- Instantiate and use objects including Web Forms and controls.
- Code event-driven procedures (event-handlers)
- Configure media and interactive elements with advanced HTML 5 techniques
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)