PROG 282 Implementing a Cloud Solution • 5 Cr.
Students will use current software development tools to create applications and services that can be deployed to the Cloud. Students will develop and manage the components of a Cloud project including storage services and relational database services, and will apply best practice security to their applications. Prerequisite: PROG 210 with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to write, compile, debug and execute well engineered and maintainable programs using appropriate development tools
- Create a new cloud service project
- Create appropriate components for the project
- Evaluate threats and countermeasures and apply accepted security guidelines the project
- Create and use cloud storage services for Binary Large Objects (BLOB), Tables and Queues
- Develop a SQL relational database for the cloud
- Test and troubleshoot a cloud project
- Deploy an application to a cloud provider
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)