RADA 313 IMAGING PROCEDURES III • 3 Cr.
Establishes a framework for radiologist assistants performing lumbar puncture under fluoroscopy guidance, myelograms, joint injections, joint aspiration, arthrograms, conventional, CT and MRI, breast needle localization and ductogram. Prerequisite: RADA 312 and acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the pertinent normal anatomy and physiology for the exam being performed
- List indications and contraindications for the procedure and identify possible alternative methods for the exam
- Describe the appropriate patient assessment and preparation for the exam
- Identify any ancillary equipment used in completing the exam
- Explain the protocol for completed the procedure and identify alternatives that may be used
- List common pathologies, describe their appearance on images, and identify them on images
- Identify contrast media and medications appropriate to the procedure
- Describe possible complications and identify appropriate responses
- Explain how the appropriate post-procedure care should be presented to the patient