RADA 330 Physics of Imaging • 2 Cr.
Presents an overview of CT. MRI, and fluoroscopy instrumentation and terminology. Course includes image post processing procedures for CT and MRI. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify major components of the fluoroscopy unit
- Predict the changes in primary and remnant beam radiation resulting from changes in operator controls
- Describe how static and dynamic images are stored
- Evaluate radiation protection procedures for the patient and their effects on image quality
- Describe possible equipment malfunctions
- Identify components and define terminology used in CT
- Identify components and define terminology used in MRI
- Evaluate images in CT and MRI for diagnostic quality
- Describe imaging post processing procedures in CT and MRI