RADA 424 Case Study Capstone IV • 2 Cr.
Requires documentation of two cases the student performed in the daily work experience during the radiologist assistant clinical internship. Prerequisite: RADA 423 and acceptance into program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify etiology and epidemiology of disease or injury (cause, prevalence, incidence, and morbidity)
- Discuss indications and reason for procedure; patient history; results of any prior diagnostic studies (e.g., lab values, physical assessments, imaging studies) as appropriate
- Describe procedure (e.g., how it was done, notable complicating factors
- Discuss patient care issues that arose from procedure and how they were addressed
- Explain the preliminary observations that were presented to the radiologist and identify the final diagnosis made by radiologist
- Discuss patient outcome if known
- Reflect and evaluate personal performance with recommendations for improvement