RADON 101 Principles of Dose Calculation • 4 Cr.
Explores principles and methods for calculation of treatment times in administering radiation therapy treatments. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Analyze the purpose of the radiation therapy prescription
- 2. Compare and contrast a radiation therapy prescription to a general medical prescription
- 3. Apply specific geometric figures to radiation therapy applications
- 4. Apply specific trigonometry functions to radiation therapy applications
- 5. Identify the factors included in basic monitor unit calculations
- 6. Compare the information included in specific radiation therapy beam data tables
- 7. Apply mathematical interpolation and extrapolation models to beam data tables
- 8. Apply the beam data tables for basic monitor unit calculations
- 9. Evaluate potential sources or errors in calculations for patient treatments
- 10. Calculate a monitor unit setting within 2% accuracy of a computer calculation
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)