RADON 107 Orientation to Clinical Practice • 2 Cr.
Provides basic education and training in CPR, HIV/AIDS, HIPAA, and prevention of workplace violence, in preparation for starting clinical internships. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Radiation Therapy or Nuclear Medicine Program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- 1. Discuss general etiology and epidemiology of HIV infection
- 2. Identify forms of transmission and infection control
- 3. Define HIPAA and identify its origins and rationale; identify the standards for compliance, the parties responsible, and penalties for non-compliance
- 4. Recognize and provide care in respiratory and cardiac emergencies in adult, child and infant victims
- 5. Identify risk factors associated with workplace violence and types of employees at greatest risk
- 6. Describe general personal safety principles and practices