RADON 107 Orientation to Clinical Practice • 2 Cr.
Provides basic education and training in CPR, HIV/AIDS, HIPAA, and prevention of workplace violence, in preparation for starting clinical internships. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Radiation Therapy or Nuclear Medicine Program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss general etiology and epidemiology of HIV infection.
- Identify forms of transmission and infection control.
- Define HIPAA and identify its origins and rationale; identify the standards for compliance, the parties responsible, and penalties for non-compliance.
- Recognize and provide care in respiratory and cardiac emergencies in adult, child and infant victims.
- Identify risk factors associated with workplace violence and types of employees at greatest risk.
- Describe general personal safety principles and practices.
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)