RAIM 475 Capstone Project • 5 Cr.
Students review, integrate and practice the skills and knowledge covered throughout the Radiation and Imaging program. Students select a complete and significant project drawn from case studies involving both management and technology components. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Integrate skills and knowledge acquired from different courses and experiences
- Develop and implement a project plan following appropriate methods and tools
- Present information in an effective format and debate issues with audience using a constructive approach
- Research information using a range of resources, including literature and periodicals, expert interviews, and existing case studies
- Assess validity and relevance of information, and analyze in the context of project goals and outcomes
- Evaluate, develop and apply effective methods to manage project milestones and timelines
- Develop an effective report and presentation commensurate with the scope and complexity of the project
- Identify and recruit subject matter experts who will add valuable contribution to the project, and interact with the experts in a professional and efficient manner
- Examine the relationships between management, operational and technical issues in radiation and imaging technology organizations
- Demonstrate an in-depth and integrated understanding of the complexity of the issues and processes that apply to radiation and imaging technology organizations through the quality of the project process, findings and presentation