RATEC 110 Clinical Education I • 3 Cr.
Provides supervised clinical experience at an affiliated health care site. Beginning RATEC students are assigned to clinical education sites, 40 hours per week for 2 weeks. Students get an orientation to hospital and department procedures, participate in ancillary radiology activities, and observe and perform diagnostic radiologic procedures. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Transport wheelchair and stretcher patients to and from the imaging department.
- Locate a patient’s radiographs in the file room, and follow the proper procedure for checking out patient films.
- Perform the following reception desk activities: answering the phone, taking messages, greeting and instructing patients, and processing patient requisitions.
- Process an exposed imaging plate or cassette to produce the radiographic image.
- Locate patient rooms and other departments in the clinical site.
- Utilize the imaging department information processing and communication systems.
- Locate emergency equipment and supplies in the clinical site.
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)