TRANS 203 Advanced Translation Skills II • 3 Cr.
Hands-on experience in the translation, editing, and finalization of actual commercial texts. Texts are drawn from a variety of fields including science technology, legal, commercial and medical. Emphasis is on professional presentation. Includes a team translation project. Prerequisite: TRANS 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Interpret in consecutive, simultaneous, and sight translation modes at real-life speeds in a variety of registers, fields, and situations
- Apply proper protocol and ethical considerations
- Analyze a source document or speech for interpretation
- Critique interpreting performance and arrive at an unbiased self-evaluation; identify weaknesses and take corrective action
- Perform more advanced linguistic and subject matter research
- Fall 2018 (current quarter)