What is the Student Success Initiative (SSI)?
- The Student Success Initiative (SSI) is an intervention used to alert students about their academic standing at Bellevue College and help support students get back on track.
What does it Mean to be on Academic Warning?
- According to the Bellevue College Academic Standards Policy, students are considered on Academic Warning if their GPA falls below a 2.0 for one quarter.
What does it Mean to be on Academic Probation?
- According to the Bellevue College Academic Standards Policy, students are considered on Academic Probation if their GPA falls below a 2.0 for two consecutive quarters.
What Action must I take if I Receive an Academic Probation Notice?
- Students on Academic Probation will be automatically enrolled in an online Student Success workshop. We recommend checking your Bellevue College email or Canvas for the workshop link. See the FAQs below for more information.
What Action must I take if I Receive a Notice about Restricted Credits?
- Students who are not making academic progress after three or more quarters will be automatically restricted to 8 credits.
- Students on restricted credits may also be mandated to meet with a staff member to review their academic plan and/or complete an online workshop.
- Students on restricted credits who have earned a quarterly GPA of a 2.0 or higher for two consecutive quarters are eligible to appeal their credit load from 1-8 credits to 1-10 credits. Students who meet this criteria can submit a Credit Appeal Form.
Have More Questions?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Didn’t get your Question Answered?
Submit your question to the Student Success Initiative Team below!
Last Updated January 8, 2018