In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete 180 credits with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and minimum GPA of 2.0 for each individual core course (including transferred credits) in all core program courses.
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at Bellevue College, of which 30 credits must be upper division.
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites. Check online at www.bellevuecollege.edu/classes/all/.
Must be qualified to enroll in the following courses:
- MATH& 151 Calculus I: Placement by assessment or MATH& 142 with a C- or better, or AP score of 2 or higher on AB or BC exam.
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I: Placement by assessment or ENGL 092 or ENGL 093 with C- or better.
Must complete each prerequisite with a minimum of 2.0 grade.
- MATH& 151 or equivalent credits.
- MATH& 152 or equivalent credits.
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I.
- CS 210
- CS 211
- 5-6 credits of either PHYS 121, Biology or Chemistry.
Note: SAT or ACT scores are required only for applicants with fewer than 40 transferable college credits.
The Department of Computer Science accepts post-baccalaureate applications.
Note: One credit in high school is equivalent to a full year course. A 5 credit class in college is equivalent to one high school credit.
The Department of Computer Science offers first-year and transfer student admissions once a year. Admission into the Bachelor of Computer Science degree is competitive and completion of the minimum prerequisites does not guarantee admissions into the major.
Student who applied by June 24th will be notified to their BC email account in mid-July. The faculty will accept applications for Fall 2020 admissions for First-Year and Transfer Students until August 19th, 2020.
Note: Once you receive your Student ID# then you may proceed to Step 2.
Note: Plan ahead and have the following items ready to upload into the application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all schools attended (upload your high school transcript; transcripts from any college or universities attended)
- Personal Statement and Diversity Statement for the faculty to review. (Students are encouraged to write their personal statement ahead of time and visit the writing center for feedback on their essays.)
Personal Statement Prompt
Write a brief personal statement that will give the departmental admissions committee a better understanding of your motivation and interest in computer science. You may wish to describe your experiences (i.e. work, research, leadership, or extracurricular) that have been important to you and future career interests.
Bellevue College strives to create a vibrant campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. Describe how your education, philosophy, experiences or background brings a broad perspective to the college and computer science classroom?
Describe any personal challenges you have faced and explain how they have affected your education and what you did to address them. Discuss any unusual circumstances that may contribute to a better understanding of your record
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75.00
- Unofficial transcripts from all schools attended (all applicants must include a high school transcript; transcripts from any college or universities attended)
- SAT/ACT scores required only for first year applicants
Submit official transcripts to the BC Evaluations Office at:
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Last Updated June 25, 2020