***WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED AND NOT HIRING***
Food Service Part-time Employee
- Job type: Hourly/Student Employee
- Job status: Part-time/Temporary
- Salary: $14.50/hour
If you have a passion for food and are looking for a great way to enter the industry, food service work may be the right choice to set you on your career path. Working in food service offers many opportunities for advancement of your career, but it generally requires little in the way of skills and specialized experience to get started. Food service workers are encouraged to learn on the job, which means that you make money while learning valuable skills that can help you advance in your career. Food service is a great industry for new workers who are looking for a versatile skill set, as well as established employees who want to change their careers or just make a little extra cash on the side.
- Aid cooks in preparing meals and plating food as requested by the cook or supervisor
- Prepare simple meals such as entree, salads or grill
- Help cooks with food preparation duties for the day by cutting, peeling, or slicing as needed
- Barista, cashiering
- Greet and take customer orders, remember special requests, and deliver food in a timely manner
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with a positive demeanor when dealing with restaurant patrons, fielding all complaints promptly, answering questions, and making meal suggestions when asked
- Assist with cleaning the restaurant and dining area by picking up trash, clearing and washing plates and dishes, and wiping down counters as needed
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times, making sure that all food is free or contaminants and pathogens
- Clean pots, pans, and any other dishes in the kitchen as needed, adhering to safety and sanitation standards at all times
- Other work duties as required.
- Food handler permit or certification that is valid in your area
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with a variety of restaurant patrons
***Bellevue College employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Sponsorship for employment-based visa may be an option depending upon the position and the applicants qualification.
Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, language, sex, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Please see policy 4150 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564-2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564-2178, Office R130.***
When you are ready to apply, please following this link to get into the waiting list. We encourage you to apply at the beginning or at the end of each quarter.
Last Updated July 7, 2021