SJLI is a collaboration with Bellevue College and South Seattle College. It focuses on honing skills for becoming a culturally responsive social justice leader of community, technical colleges and universities in Washington & Oregon. The dates are as follows (Workshops & Retreat are held remotely):
- January 10 – 11, 2022, retreat (Two days, four hours each) (required)
- March 3, 2022, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. (required)
- May 5, 2022, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. (required)
- July 7, 2022, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. (required)
- September 8, 2022, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. (required)
- October 26 – 28, 2022: The Faculty and Staff of Color Conference (optional)
- November 3, 2022, 12:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Mini Session & Graduation Ceremony (required)
To achieve full leadership participation, educational equity, and empowerment for members of historically disfranchised and underrepresented groups through mentoring, and culturally responsive training. The intended outcomes of this leadership institute are:
• To foster leadership identity among historically underrepresented groups.
• To professionally develop a pipeline of colleagues through cohorts system wide, preparing them to move into higher leadership positions.
Social Justice Leadership Institute cost
The Social Justice Leadership Institute fee is $850.00, per person Including internal candidates ($100.00 is used toward graduation fees).
SJLI 2022 Application
Last Updated October 25, 2021