SJLI is a collaboration with Bellevue College and South Seattle College. It focuses on honing skills for becoming a culturally responsive social justice leader of the community, technical colleges, and universities in Washington & Oregon. The dates are as follows:
- August 9 & 10, 2023, retreat (in-person) (required)
- October 5, 2023 –12:30 – 4:30 p.m. (online) (required)
- October 25 – 27, 2023: The Faculty and Staff of Color Conference (in-person) (optional)
- December 7, 2023, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. (online) (required)
- February 8, 2024, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. (online) (required)
- April 11, 2024, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. (online) (required)
- June 6, 2024, 12:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Mini Session & Graduation Ceremony (in-person) (required)
To achieve full leadership participation, educational equity, and empowerment for members of historically disfranchised and underrepresented groups through mentoring and culturally responsive training. The intended outcomes of this leadership institute are:
- To foster leadership identity among historically underrepresented groups.
- To professionally develop a pipeline of colleagues through cohorts system-wide, preparing them to move into higher leadership positions.
- Participants develop DEI Initiatives, projects, programs, etc., on their campuses to further Social Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts.
Social Justice Leadership Institute cost
The Social Justice Leadership Institute fee is $1,200.00 per person, Including internal candidates ($100.00 is used toward graduation fees).
Please complete the SJLI 2023 – 2024 application below:
SJLI 2014 Application
Last Updated May 23, 2023