Any act of academic dishonesty, including but not limited to cheating, plagiarism, and fabrication.
- Cheating includes any attempt to give or obtain unauthorized assistance relating to the completion of an academic assignment.
- Plagiarism includes taking and using as one’s own, without proper attribution, the ideas, writings, or work of another person in completing an academic assignment. May also include the unauthorized submission for credit of academic work that has been submitted for credit in another course.
- Fabrication includes falsifying data, information, or citations in completing an academic assignment and also includes providing false or deceptive information to an instructor concerning the completion of an assignment.
Any other acts of dishonesty. Such acts include, but are not limited to:
- Forgery, alteration, submission of falsified documents or misuse of any college document, record, or instrument of identification;
- Tampering with an election conducted by or for college students; or
- Furnishing false information, or failing to furnish correct information, in response to the request or requirement of a college officer or employee.
Last Updated October 20, 2020