Our institution is fully committed to teaching and learning excellence. In support of that goal, students are asked to supply feedback to the institution on each course they take, prior to the end of every quarter.
- The Office of the Provost for Academic and Student Affairs manages the student course evaluation process.
- The college uses Evaluation Kit as our online survey system to collect that information.
- Student access their course evaluations in three ways:
- An email message with a link to surveys for the classes they are enrolled in will be sent to their Bellevue College email address.
- If students have not completed their course evaluation they will see a pop-up message with a link to the survey when they log into Canvas.
- There is also a Student Evaluations survey link in Canvas, located on the left navigation menu.
- Email reminders will be sent to students and instructors during the survey period.
- Instructors receive an email communication with a link to their courses. The link can be used for monitoring response rates throughout the evaluation time frame and to review survey results for their courses after all grades are posted.
Student Course Evaluations
Information for Students
All students are encouraged to evaluate all of their classes. By completing their end of course evaluations, students provide important feedback to faculty and administrators. This information is used to evaluate instructors and their courses, and it provides instructors with an opportunity to improve their courses. It is also used to inform and continually improve the quality of courses and instruction at Bellevue College.
All input that students provide is anonymous. None of the information can be linked back to an individual. However, the usefulness of the information collected in the course evaluation survey process depends on the quality of the information provided. We ask that students take their responsibility in completing these surveys seriously by providing honest and fair evaluations of the courses and the instructors.
Bellevue College selected Evaluation Kit as the institution’s online student course evaluation solution in 2015 after a yearlong review of six course evaluation system products. The secure EvalKit online system allows students to access their course evaluations 24/7, during the open evaluation period. The course evaluation form includes both close-ended responses and a few open-ended direct feedback responses. Student participation is completely anonymous and all responses are absolutely confidential.
EvalKit is integrated into Canvas, our online course learning management system, which means students receive automated reminders about their evaluations in addition to email communications. Survey access is organized and controlled for each student. Using their own Student Dashboard, they only view evaluations for courses they are enrolled in. With the mobile interface, students can also access their evaluations from any mobile device.
Course evaluations are organized in EvalKit each quarter within project groups.
For more information, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for Students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find course evaluations that I need to complete?
When can I submit my course evaluations?
Why should I complete an online course evaluation?
Are course evaluations secure and confidential?
Will I be reminded to complete the evaluations?
What if I miss the course evaluation deadline?
What if I’m having trouble finding/accessing my course evaluation?
Why are evaluations only open from the 9th week of the quarter until the day before finals?
What if I need help?
I have withdrawn from a course but it still appears on my evaluation list. What should I do?
Last Updated January 7, 2019